Friday, February 13, 2009

Push It - Push Review

For those of you who don't know, I got a job at The Michigan Daily, the paper for the University of Michigan. I'm writing film reviews. There are like 7 other people on staff, so I am only one of a few reviewing movies each week. Last week, I watched Push and it was published today in the paper. Since I work for the newspaper, I can't reproduce the entire review here, but I'm going to post the first paragraph and link it to the website.



February is a notorious dumping ground for sub-par superhero movies (see “Ghost Rider” and “Jumper”). Unfortunately, “Push” follows in this regrettable tradition. The film’s visual beauty and brilliantly executed action sequences are bogged down by a convoluted storyline with super-powered characters who are impossible to track. It's nothing more than a big-budget, well-directed episode of “Heroes.”

Here is the full review.

(by the way I didn't write the headline)

2 comments:

Mr. Endres said...

Heroes was great for the first season. After that, not so much.

And that's all I have to say. Grasping at straws to come up with comments is my specialty, after all.

Atom said...

Kavi, this is very important... Do you also hate Dakota Fanning?!? Say yes please.

Post a Comment