Thursday, January 22, 2009

Live Blogging the Oscar Nominations

8:28 am: Yes, in fact, I did wake up this early just to watch the telecast of the Oscar nominations. I'm kind of in a panic right now because I can't find it anywhere.



8:30 am: Ok, I found it on Fox News, but I'd rather watch it on an entertainment channel.

8:31 am: Did you get the joke? Because Fox News is entertainment. It's ok, I suck at writing this early.

8:35 am: Hooray, it's playing on E!

8:38 am: Idi Amin himself is here to assist the Academy president with the announcements.

8:39 am: I think I just missed the nominations for Best Supporting Actress. I'm really tired.

8:39 am: Dev Patel didn't get a nomination for Best Supporting Actor. It's ok, I always thought he was kind of overrated. RDJ my man did though for Tropic Thunder.

8:40 am: Mellisa Leo? Who the hell is that? And why is she nominated for Best Actress? Seriously, has anyone ever heard of this woman?

8:41 am: Kate Winslet did get nominated for Best Actress. But for The Reader. Not Revolutionary Road. Pay attention, aspiring actors. Holocaust movies are gold mines.

8:41 am: Go Richard Jenkins. Best Actor for The Visitor. Did I call that? Yes, I did.

41: Best Director is crap. Where art thou Christopher Nolan? Stephen Daldry can go to hell. Nobody watched your pathetic little film, The Reader. The Dark Knight made like a billion dollars and was superbly directed.

41: In Bruges for Best Original Screenplay bitches! I called that shit. My mood can only be described as a mix of exhaustion and exhilaration.

41: I think I was perfect on Adapted Screenplay...no wait I wasn't. The Reader foiled The Dark Knight yet again.

42: 3/5 for Foreign Language. Not bad for not having seen a single one of these films.

42: Too bad for Wall E. It just got Best Animated Feature, so it won't get a Best Pic now.

42: Alright Best Picture time...If I don't see The Dark Knight I'm going to destroy something.

43: Benjamin...expected. Frost/Nixon? C'mon people. Milk...deserving.The Reader? Goddammit. And then Slumdog. No Batman. I have just ripped up a piece of paper. Did you actually think I was going to break my computer?

44: Well, that was it. I seriously got up at 8:30 just to see 15 minutes worth of nonsense. Now I am sleepy and pissed off. I'm pretty much going to boycott The Reader for ruining everything. The Dark Knight owned and should have been recognized. Instead, we get stuck with another movie about Nazis, this time with lots of sex. They didn't even go through the technical categories. Now I'll have to scour the internet for those. But now I'm going back to sleep.

1 comment:

Atom said...

Boosh. Very disappointing I agree.

Post a Comment