Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Jon Stewart/Jim Cramer Smackdown

I'm going to step outside the film world to present this incredible event taking place tonight. Two of my favorite media personalities are going to duke it out on (pre-taped) national television. CNBC's brilliantly insane analyst Jim Cramer, host of "Mad Money" is going to visit "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" tonight. Why does this matter? Let's dig in to the history behind this feud...

A few weeks ago, CNBC analyst Rick Santelli went ape in the middle of the trading day. In the video below, Santelli rips apart homeowners who were forced to foreclose on their mortgages, calling them "losers" among other things. I used to watch this guy every day during senior year, so it was unsettling to see him spew such nonsense. Does he really think a Chicago trading floor is an accurate sample of average Americans?



This video set off a chain of unprecedented events. Last week, Stewart thoroughly eviscerated Santelli and CNBC for their third-rate reporting during the start of the financial crisis. The following clip shows Stewart's epic deconstruction of CNBC's failures. This is especially hard for me to watch, since I watched CNBC religiously last year, when I was interested in a financial career.



Over the weekend, Cramer issued a statment claiming that Stewart took one of his comments about Bear Sterns out of context. The comment was included in the montage of CNBC's idiocy shown above. Monday night, Stewart responded by shredding Cramer even more:



The next morning Jim Cramer went on The Today Show and MSNBC to counter Stewart's tirade. Stewart kept going, responding with this hilarious clip:



Just when you thought it couldn't get better, Jim Cramer has actually agreed to appear on The Daily Show Thursday night. Do yourselves a favor and watch this monumental clash between a hot-headed financial adviser and a smarmy, talkative comedian. Jim Cramer is known to lose his cool, just watch this video (which I actually watched live one day before I went to my MTU classes):



Do you think Cramer will be able to hold his own against the power of Jon Stewart? Either he'll be annoyingly polite with Stewart or some serious stuff is going to go down. I can't wait...

1 comment:

Krym de la Krym said...

Dude, I can't wait. I watched these videos earlier today. I think Cramer won't be able to fully keep his cool. Stewart will have his mockingly arrogant condescending voice I love. I think Cramer might whine.

Post a Comment