Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fired Up Review

This is a review I did over my spring break for the high school comedy Fired Up. It came out over two weeks ago, but the paper is just running the article today. That's the newspaper business for you.



Cheerleading comedies have been reduced to a series of direct-to-video “Bring It On” sequels in recent years, but “Fired Up!” had the potential to smack the genre upside its head — the film has genuinely funny moments and its two leads have impeccable comic timing. Still, with its flood of teen comedy conventions and a stupendously awful supporting cast, it ends up amounting to little more than a forgettable high-school movie.

Check out the full article here.

5 comments:

Atom said...

I agree about it being "a forgettable high-school movie," but to it's credit I was laughing during the movie quite a bit. They did use a lot of unoriginal characters I agree, but I thought it was good overall. "Just sayin'."

Kavi Pandey said...

No I completely agree with you. I laughed the whole time too, but once you sit down and have to write a review, a movie's flaws are exposed. That's why it sucks to over-analyze comedies like this, but hey it's my job now.

Atom said...

Yea I understand. Just had to get the fact that it was funny out there.

Atom said...

I'm interested in your review of Watchmen ^_^ I hold my personal opinions until then.

Kavi Pandey said...

Gaaaaah I know I know I'm just so busy right now I'm really mad at myself

Post a Comment