Monday, August 31, 2009

Awesome Bollywood Video of the Week

This was a feature that I started back in June but I forgot to continue. I thought it was interesting enough to continue, so let's hope I can remember every Monday from now on.

This is a song-and-dance sequence from a movie called "Dostana", where two straight Indian men in Miami pretend to be gay in order to live in a swank apartment. Things get complicated, of course, when they fall in love with their female roommate. This also stars my favorite Bollywood actor, Abhishek Bachchan, who's the bearded chap in the video.

The song is called "Desi Girl", where 'Desi' means 'Indian'. I'll spare you the word-for-word meaning of the lyrics, but the chorus is worth noting:

"Dekh lakh lakh pardesi girls" - I've seen thousands of foreign girls
"Aint nobody like my desi girl" - That's in English.

Translation - Indian woman are whiz-bang

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Krym de la Krym said...

I definitely enjoyed that, especially once I started focusing on the white guys dancing/clapping in the background.

Post a Comment