Monday, September 14, 2009

Awesome Bollywood Video of the Week - 9/14

This week's video is a more unconventional bollywood dance number. As you'll notice, there is little choreographed dancing, except for the two Elvis impersonators flailing about. Aside from them, this is a good representation of a typical Indian wedding - the decorations, the music, the clothes.

The song is called "Emotional Attyachar" from the movie "Dev D." Its really good. I'll lend you the DVD. The song title translates to "Emotional Torture" because, of course some girl broke our hero's heart and now he is drowning his sorrows over the course of the video. Just like in last edition's "Desi Girl", you'll notice a lot of Hinglish.

Example: Bol Bol why did you ditch me? (Tell me, tell me...english)
Zindagi bhi lele yaar kill me (Here, take my life, kill me)
Bol Bol why did you ditch me whore? (yes, they say whore in a Hindi song)

No comments:

Post a Comment